Thursday, January 29, 2009

A New Perspective

This morning, a thought flashed on:
infant and baby souls all deserve our utmost respect.

Here they come, onto the planet, just when [especially in the cases of the infants] the Mature Tip Over is on the horizon. I mean, WHAT a daunting task to take on! The majority of the planet is going to be 3 skips ahead of you throughout your physical experience.

Later in the day, I got to thinking -- maybe a lot of these folks have gone through lots and lots of walk-abouts. So maybe they were bored with being in the mainstream and decided to try something new.

I'm at the other end of the spectrum and I can vouch for the fact that even this is no walk in the park. It seems to me that, coming at it from the other end [when they, of necessity, are less likely to have the insights into the big picture that I've got], must be hell on wheels!

So -- when I'm angry and frustrated and downright scared about the Tea Party angst, I'll step back and work to carry this perspective into the situation.

I'm not saying that I don't still want to grab Boehner and Bachmann and Palin et al and TRY to shake some sense into them. It's far easier to maintain the perspective when it's a faceless mass I'm dealing with or a SodaHead member who's espousing something that I perceive as nonsense than it is to hold to it when the person in question can have a direct effect on my life.

But --- it wouldn't be worth doing or a valuable thing to practice if it was 2nd nature and came easily, I suppose.

No comments: